Donor : Nepal Youth Foundation
January – 2007 to June 2011 for Kanchanpur
January – 2009 to December 2013 for Kailali and Surkhet
January – 2017 to December 2022 for Dadeldhura
Infant and child mortality in Nepal is one of the highest in the country. The programme is being supported by the Nepalese Youth opportunity Foundation (NYOF) who have in the last several year initiated similar programs in a number of other regions. Working in direct linkage with the Zonal hospitals, Sub- regional hospital the NRH building has been constructed where malnoursihed children identified at th the hospital as well as from the community level will be referred. Here both mother and child will have the opportunity to stay for the child’ restoration of health. During this period the caretaker (usually the mother) will also be educated and counseled on the caretaking of the child.
- Restore health of severely malnourished children.
- Provide nutrition education to caretakers, most often mothers, while child is being treated at NRH.
- Provide information to caretakers about child rearing and hygiene and counseling on family and reproductive health.
- Create awareness about malnutrition in the communities.
Mahendranagar Municipality, Kanchanpur District, Dhangadi Municipality, Kailali District and Birendra Nagar Municipality, Surkhet District, Amargadhi Municipality, Dadeldhura District
- Construction of Nutrition Rehabilitation Home in all three target Districts
- Operation and Management of 10 bed NHR in all three Districts
- Day to Day operations to implement project on basis of objective
The health of a total of 1522 severely malnourished children has been restored and the NRH home of all 3 districts (Kanchanpur 721, Kailali 399 and Surkhet 402). Information has also been provided on nutrition, child rearing and hygiene to the mothers/caretakers while the children were undergoing treatment at the NRH.
RUWDUC and Mahakali Zonal Hospital Development Board, Seti Zonal Hospital Development Board, Surkhet Hospital Regional Development Board and Sub- regional Hospital Dadeldhura .