Sankalpa is an alliance of different women-led organzations in Nepal. RUWDUC is a founder member of Sankalpa and is mandated to work in Far-western Nepal as Sankalpa’s focal organization to advoacte for upliftment of status of women and to increase women’s voice, visibility and representation in politics. Sankalpa focuses on different issues of women such as politics, gender equality, relief for the conflict victims, peace an security, etc.
To impelement focused result based project activities and reachout to community level effectively for involvement in peace establishment.
Besides coordinating empowerment and diversity awareness training of Sankalpa in the region since Sankalpa’s establishment, RUWDUC has been working in 5/5 Wards of Dadeldhura and Doti. The following activities have been conducted so far:
- Community Level and VDC Level Public Consultation
- Meeting with Government, Civil Society Organizations, Political Parties for the formation of District Level Coordination Committee in each focused District
- Meeting of DCC Committee to interact on women’s rights related topics, access to public services and resources, addressing SGBV and VAW related issues, women’s participation and representation in public structures and local bodies
- One awareness raising campaign on SGBV and VAW by focal person involving political parties, public services agencies, civil society organizations at District Level
- One awareness raising campaign on SGBV and VAW by social activists at community level involving community people, political parties, public services agencies, civil society organizations
- Develop information kit of the available referral services of SGBV and VAW and Disseminate widely at community level
- Develop database of the referred cases of SGBV and VAW to the different service centers like medical, legal aid, psychosocial services, micro-finance and skill development services
- Exposure visit of Social Activist for cross learning within focused districts
- Monthly Mentoring, Coaching, Monitoring to social activist by District Focal Person
- Meeting with Women Collectives, Social Activists, Member Organizations and other women’s rights organizations, networks and alliances by focal person for the issues identification
- Incentives to Social Activist
- Leadership Training for social activists from 10 VDC of 2 focused district based on the developed leadership training manual (2 cluster training in each district)
- Two days training to district focal person and social activists on anti-domestic violence policy and related law and advocacy capacity (2 cluster training in one district)